新闻资讯NEWS

Essex migrants 'part of three

发表时间:2020-02-15 14:11:12  浏览量:852740
The 39 migrants found dead in a lorry earlier this week were part

of a three-lorry convoy of more than 100 people trying to make it to the UK, it has been claimed. In Vietnam several people fear their loved ones are among the dead who are thought to have suffocated in a refrigeration container. Two of the vehicles are thought to have completed their trips but the third, which was carrying the deceased victims, was delayed at an unknown loc

ation, reports Sky News. The eventual destinations of t

he two other containers are not known and the claims have not been verified or commented on by Essex Police. The force are currently leading a major probe into the deaths of the migrants. The lorry in which 39 people

were found dead on Wednesday (Image: PA) Pham Van Thin (R) and Nguyen Thi Phong (L), paernts of Pha

m Thi Tra My, who is feared dead in the lorry tragedy (Image: STR/EPA-EFE/REX) On Saturday evening they announced that lorry driver Mo Robinson, arrested on Wednesday, has been charged with 39 counts of manslaughter along with conspiracy to traffic people and money laundering. The dead were all thought to be Chinese but at least ten Vietnamese families now say they have not heard from relatives trying to reach the UK. Father Anthony Dang Huu Nam, a Catholic priest from Vietnam’s Nghe An province, said he was aware of more than 100 people who were trying to reach here for “a new life”. He said: “A few f

amilies confirmed the deaths of their relatives who are the victims of this tragic journey. Relatives of suspected victim Nguyen Dinh Luong, 20, gather at his home in Ha Tinh province (Image: STR/EPA-EFE/REX) Catholic priest Anthony Dang Huu Nam holds a candle during a mass prayer for the 39 victims (Image: REUTERS) Floral tributes to the vi

ctims were left close to wher

e the 39 bodies were found (Image: PA) “The whole district is covered in sorrow. This is a catastrophe for our community.” Suspected Vietnamese victims included Anna Bui Thi Nhung, 19, and Nguyen Dinh Tu. Mr Nguyen’s heartbroken wife, Hoang Thi Thuong, said he had been working illegally in Romania and Germany before he lost his job. The family had raised 11,000 for his illicit trip from Germany to the UK. She said: “I have a big debt to pay, no hope, and no energy to do anything.” Floral tributes left at the Grays ind

ustrial estate (Image: PA) Pham Thi Tra My sent her mum harrowing texts saying she couldnt breathe Mr Nguyen’s father said relatives in the UK had told him he was inside the truck and they had been planning to pick him up. He said: “They were supposed to pick him up at the drop-off point but they called and said Dinh Tu was in that truck. I haven’t heard anything from my son.” Nguyen Dinh Luong, 20, who left Vietnam a year ago and was recently known to be in France, is also feared dead. Another suspected victim is Pham Thi Tra My, 26, whose family paid 30,000 for a “VIP trip” to get her smuggled into Britain via China and France. They said she texted to say she was “dying” and could not breathe. Her father, Pham Van Thin, said the smugglers did not tell them how she would be transported and had he known he “would not have let her go”. DCI Martin Pasmore declined to comment on the convoy claims or speculate on the nationalities of the deceased. But he admitted the families’ agonising wait for answers about their loved ones will continue. The bodies were found in the Scania lorry on Wednesday (Image: PA) He said: “At every stage we will be treating our victims with dignity and respect. There were very few identification papers. “We are using marks, scars and tattoos to identify victims. All of our victims have been recovered and they will be undergoing postmortems. “The recovery process was forensic and for those who are thinking why does it take so much time to recover bodies in this manner and to try to identify people, it is precisely this reason. “It is the dignity – it takes time to put into place but it must run through everything we do and the recovery of those victims, in which order we are going to recover them, how we recover them. “We have to gain so much information to make sure we don’t miss anything. All of that takes time – and it will continue, unfortunately, to take time.” Police forensics officers at the W

aterglade Industrial Park in Grays where the bodies were found (Image: PA) Police yesterday told how they were using Interpol Disaster Victim Identification Standards to identify the dead and have recovered over 500 exhibits, including mobile phones. DCI Pasmore also admitted he fears another tragedy could happen as human traffickers are taking increasing risks. He said: “We know we have people coming into the country being trafficked or brought in as asylum seekers. “Criminals, murderers, are taking more and more chan

ces with these vulnerable people. It could well happen again.” Bloody handprints, caused when the victims tried desperately to get out, were reportedly found on the inside of the container doors. It had crossed the Channel on a cargo ferry from Zeebrugge in Belgium to Purfleet on the Thames. The men and women were found dead in the back of the lorry (Image: Skty News) Reports in Vietnam – where the average wage is around 150 a month and Snakehead gangs promise earnings of 2,000 a month here – say

the migrants were previously been held in a warehouse in France before being moved to B

elgium. In addition to the 39 manslaughter charges, lorry driver Robinson, of Craigavon, Northern Ireland, is accused of conspiracy to traffic people, conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration and money laundering. He will face Chelmsford magistrates on Monday. Read MoreEssex lorry deaths Migrants dead before they reached UKHorrifying rise of snakehead gang leaderSmuggled documentary postponedHow migrants hide human cargo All 39 people who died namedMan at centre of probe in serious dangerMigrant deaths must be a wake up callWomans tragic last texts to mum Joanne Maher, 38, who is the registered owner of the Scania lorry cab at the centre of the investigation, and husband Thomas Maher, 48, of Warrington, were still being held last night on suspicion of manslaughter and people trafficking. And a 48-year-old man from Northern Ireland, arrested at Stansted Airport on suspicion of people trafficking and manslaughter, was also st

ill being quizzed.

上一篇:In One of 2010’s Last Big Leases, 240K Feet for School 下一篇:Love Island's Amber Davies strips down for raunchy topless beach selfie